Monday, November 17, 2014

#33: Boyfriend and Girlfriend

Derek came out to talk to Kelly while she was watering the household's garden.


 "How nice of you to help Regina out, Kelly!" he complimented her.


"Oh, I don't mind," Kelly answered.  "She's such a good friend, and I think she's out in the park with Bill, and I'd like to encourage that.  Besides, I really like the fresh herbs for the meals I make!"


"When you're done, would you like to go for a walk with me?" Derek asked.

"Sure thing!"  Kelly thought this was a nice offer.
_______________

"So, you're rooting for Regina and Bill?" Derek asked, as they set off up the road.


"Oh, absolutely!" Kelly gushed.  "I think they're PERFECT for each other!!!"

 The two walked to the community garden near the Utopia House.  "This is LOVELY!" Kelly exulted.


"Yes," Derek agreed.  "And it's the perfect spot for what I want to say to you."

He led her to a nearby bench.


"Kelly, I would like to speak to you about a serious matter," Derek began, taking her hand.


Kelly looked at him, wide-eyed.


"I don't want to put any pressure on you," Derek continued, "but I DO want you to know that I'm serious about you.  I'm not one of those guys who's looking for something 'improper'."

He took her hand in his.  "Kelly, would you please do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?" he asked.


Kelly had guessed this question was coming, after the conversation they'd had at the fishing hole two days before.  She placed her hand on his.  "Derek, I think that would be lovely!" she exclaimed.


He put his arm around her,


then pulled her to her feet,


and kissed her.






2 comments: