Tuesday, November 11, 2014

#27: The Next Date(s).

Derek was trying to teach Kelly to play chess.


"Okay, how about this?" Kelly asked, putting down her piece.


"That's ... umm ... good!"  Derek tried to be encouraging, and didn't beat her on his next move (although he could have).


"Kelly, I was thinking of going to the museum in Oasis Springs tonight," Derek said.  "Peter says it's got a reasonably good art collection.  I would like it very much if you would accompany me."

"That sounds lovely, Derek!"  Kelly was very pleased to receive such a low-pressure invitation.

_______________

"So, do you want to go with them?" Peter asked Lou.


"Hmm, what?" Lou asked, distracted.  She had been absorbed in creating her latest mobile app, and hadn't been listening to Kelly and Derek's conversation.  Or to Peter.


Peter was, by this point, used to Lou's somewhat cold personality.  He actually liked that she wasn't emotional, or hysterical.  He also liked that she was focused on her work, and on making money.


"Derek and Kelly are going to the art museum in Oasis Springs tonight.  I heard it's pretty respectable, and I told him so.  I'd like to see it, too.  Want to come with us?"


"Umm, okay, I guess," Lou said.


No comments:

Post a Comment