Wednesday, February 4, 2015

#85: Later That Morning.

Regina and Bill got back home mid-morning.

"Hey, sweetie!" Regina called out to Alice.  "How're you feeling?"


"Oh, I'm okay!"  Alice rushed to hug her friend.


"How was your vacation?"

"It was SO great, Alice!" Regina exulted.  "It was the best time I've ever had in my life!!  We ALL have to go back there--you, me, Bill, and all our other friends!!!"


Alice thought about this possibility for a second--that she and Lou could manage to co-exist on the same vacation.


"I'm so glad that you had the wonderful honeymoon that you and Bill deserve," Alice told her.


Dude was upstairs practicing before work.

"So, how's it going?" Bill asked.


"Okay, I think," Dude said, after putting down his guitar.  "I do everything for Alice that she will let me do, but she doesn't seem--or want--me to do a whole lot."


"It'll be okay," Bill reassured him.  "Regina will talk to her, and she'll find out what--if anything--is going on."


_______________

Zoe woke up that morning in considerably better condition than she had awoken the previous day.


"What a nice place this is!" she said aloud.


She was very happy to have her own private bathroom,


and also delighted--though confused--to find a robe that matched her lingerie, and sandals, in her bedroom.


She headed down to the kitchen.


'Jeez, why aren't there any handrails in this house?' she wondered.  She made herself some coffee.


"Princesita!" Rafael exclaimed as he returned to the house from Peter and Lou's house, happy to find Zoe awake.  "May I make you something for breakfast?"


"Umm, okay," Zoe replied.  "I'm actually pretty hungry."


"That's what I like to hear!" Rafael said with gusto, as he started cooking.


"And today is your big shopping day!" he reminded her.  "The chauffeur will take you to town, and you are welcome to get whatever you wish--I will give you my credit card."


Zoe was confused.  'This guy isn't even TRYING to have sex with me,' she said to herself.


"Oh, and we are having guests for cocktails this evening," he informed her as he presented her with breakfast, "so please be back by 7:00 p.m."


Zoe was suprised by Rafael's use of the word "we," but thought that was a good sign.


"I believe you know the people--Peter Painter and Lou Last," he informed her.

Zoe was less than thrilled to hear this news.


"I wouldn't say I 'know' them," she said.  "I've met them, only because I was hired to play piano at a wedding they attended."


"Well, you may know that Peter is a very accomplished painter.  And I am not happy with much of the art in this house.  So Peter and his roommate are coming over so that he can take into account the design of the house, to advise me on appropriate artwork."


_______________

Zoe dressed (in another of the 3 dresses that Rafael had had delivered to the house the previous day), did her hair and makeup, and was ready to leave for her shopping excursion.

"Thank you, Rafael," she told him.  "You are very generous to me."


"Why, it is nothing, Corazon!" he protested.  "You are a beautiful woman, and beautiful women should be pampered!"


She kissed his cheek.


"Oh, and while you are out," he added, "please get yourself some new makeup as well.  The lipstick you're wearing is somewhat ... waxy."



_______________

About five minutes after Zoe left the house, there was a knock at the door.

"Dina--Corazon!!!" Rafael cried with glee.


***************************

Custom content credits--thanks to:

SIms4Krampus for Alice's dress

TwistedFate Sims for Dude's jacket

JinxTrinity for Zoe's lingerie and robe

melisa inci for Zoe's dress


1 comment: